Saturday, March 19, 2005

Great New Freeware...

It's been a fairly quiet week as far as blog entries go. I haven't really seen anything that I want to share with the world. My criteria is a little limited at the moment. I'm going through one of those stages where I'm trying to accentuate the positive, as it were. Being a natural-born cynic, it can get a little boring at times; even borderline depressing. So, nothing but positive stuff for a while.

Here's something: A couple of excellent freeware apps that I've recently discovered...

ImageWell is for manipulating images and shipping them to my server. As you can gather from the screenshot, you can (after dropping an image onto the dock to load it) resize it, rename it, enclose it within a shape, add a watermark etc.

You can also add captions, circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one if you so choose. (I'm showing my age there...) Best of all, once it's initially configured, you can upload via ftp with one click. Very handy.

The second app, called Galerie works along the same lines, only this time you drop several images from iPhoto and select a few options before it assembles a complete web gallery. There are a lot of templates to choose from; some of them are pretty awful—some of them are great. The best news is that it resizes the images and adds such things a drop-shadows in the blink of an eye. Here's a quick and dirty sample gallery. to give you the general idea...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home