Sunday, October 24, 2004

So, this is Gmail

I've been using Gmail for about five days now, and I really like it a lot. I sent an invitation to my brother and he asked me all about it. He seemed very impressed until I told him how it feeds you ads based on the content of the message you're reading. Boy, did that turn him off. "No way. Not interested!"

When I asked why not he said that "they're reading your email!" well, I wouldn't go that far; it's not like there's some creepy guy in an office somewhere reading what you're reading. Personally, I don't care. Google's such a great company and Gmail's so cool -- the ad thing doesn't bother me at all.

The feature I really like the most is the way it arranges a series of messages that are all replying to the same original; it stacks them from oldest at the top to newest at the bottom, and when you expand it, it shows only the newest text in each message, and none of the quoted text.

Outlook, which so so powerful in so many ways, doesn't do this. If it does then that feature is buried so deep that I certainly can't find it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home